Sure every longterm member of the wiki is sick to death of every new player asking every SO whether they buy the deploys, how they should buy the deploys, why they should buy the deploys, and the answer is always the same. So, I'm writing this really more out of laziness. Rather then explain every time why they should to pigheaded, I'll just put the facts here and direct them whenever it's asked.
Buying Heroes for Deploys for Spec Ops makes them Cheaper. Not kidding, take the Wild Hunt, it required Kitty, Wolverine, Deadpool and Beast. It rewarded Valkyrie, who is now 200 CP. That's 461 worth of Command Points. Average it out, it's 92.2 CP, just over 90 each, which considering only Kitty is below that, isn't too bad, that's the deal that people who had to pay for Valkyrie when she was released permanently. But, if you do the deploys, you get Valkyrie totally Free. So if you completed her Spec Op, you have dropped the Average to a mere 52.2 CP. Often, people who support skipping with gold will argue that the converted 25 Gold is only 50 CP, making it cheaper. But, they still payed 50 CP for Valkyrie. I payed nothing. Making the average that they would need for the deploy heroes which they'll get eventualy, 62.2, higher then 50, so you're getting ripped off.
This compounds when previously used heroes or SO rewards themselves are required. In the Dark World SO, Mockingbird, Valkyrie and She-Hulk were required. If you got none during their event, you payed 415 CP, getting Heimdall for free rather then 200 later on. The average gross cost if you get them outside the SO here was 153.75 CP per hero, doing the deploys, 103.75 . As I said before though, by completing the Valkyrie deploys, her net cost came to a mere 52.2, making the net average for those got got her just 66.8 CP. For SO characters costing 200, that's cheap. When you go to Mockingbird, she could have been acquired for free, so some players who got both only payed a net cost of 16.8 for all these 200 SO characters in the end.
Averages SO Net Costs
Just so people can see how cheap they've been made. Those that have their price cut by over half, are highlighted. Those above their cost, italics.
Because SOs have been ongoing for over two years, there's a backlog of examples of why the deploys make the game cheaper. To make the more immediate examples pronounced, they've been archived to tabs.
- SO1: 0 CP for 1 Hero: Perfectly Free Mockingbird. If you didn't complete her SO 200.
- SO2: 161 for 4 Heroes: 40.25 for Emma Frost, Colossus, Scarlet Witch and Phoenix. If you didn't purchase her deploys, instead skipping with gold, you've payed 52.75. If you didn't actually complete her SO, you end up paying 90.25 CP.
- SO3: 318 for 5 Heroes: 63.6 for Magik, Black Panther, Gambit, Rogue and Nightcrawler. If you didn't purchase the deploys, instead skipping with gold, you end up paying 73.6 CP for each. If you didn't complete her spec op, you have to pay 103.6 CP each.
- SO4: 276 for 5 Heroes: 52.2 for Ghost Rider, Hercules, Gambit, Quicksilver, Daredevil. If you didn't purchase the deploys, instead skipping with gold you've paid the equivalent of 65.2 CP. If you missed completing he Spec Ops 95.2 CP.
- SO5: 52.2 determined previously.
- SO6: 315 for 4 Heroes: 78.75 for Havok, Deadpool, Beast and Tigra. If you didn't purchase the deploys, instead skipping with gold, 91.25 CP. If you didn't complete the event, 128.75 CP.
- With Beast being needed for previous SO at a 55.2 Average rather then his 90, his the netted average of this SO instead becomes 69.3 CP.
- SO7: 315 for 4 Heroes: 78.75 for Hank Pym, Cable, Spiderman and Wasp. If you didn't purchase the deploys, instead skipping with gold, 91.25 CP If you didn't complete the event, 128.75 CP.
- SO8: 315 for 4 Heroes: 78.75 for Vision, Psylocke, Captain Britain and Black Knight. If you didn't purchase the deploys, instead skipping with gold, 91.25 CP. If you didn't complete the event, 128.75 CP.
- SO9: 273 for 4 Heroes: 68.25 for Rescue, War Machine, Punisher and Union Jack. If you didn't purchase the deploys, 80.75 CP. If you didn't complete the event, 118.25 CP.
- SO10: 248 for 4 Heroes: 62 for Wonder Man, X-23, Black Cat, and Thundra. If you didn't purchase the deploys, 74.5 CP. If you didn't complete the event, 112 CP.
- SO11: 240 for 4 Heroes: 60 for Hellstrom, Fantomex, Scarlet Witch and Iron Fist. If you didn't purchase the deploys, 72.5 CP. If you didn't complete the event, 110 CP.
- Scarlet Witch had previously been required for SO2, making her cost 40.25, making the net cost of this SO: 47.5625 CP.
- SO12: 315 for 4 Heroes: 78.75 for Ares, Shatterstar, Thor and Hercules. If you didn't purchase the deploys,instead skipping with gold, 91.25 CP If you didn't complete the event, 128.75 CP.
- Hercules was needed for SO4, reducing the net cost for these characters now to 69.3 CP.
- SO13: 360 for 4 Heroes: 90 for Black Bolt, Psylocke, Red Hulk and Wasp. If you didn't purchase the deploys, you pay a net cost of 102 CP If you didn't complete the event, 140 CP.
- Wasp was needed for SO7, Psylocke for SO8, their reductions bring this SO to 73.125 net average.
- SO14: 415 for 4 Heroes: 103.75 for Heimdall, Valkyrie, Mockingbird and She-Hulk. If you didn't purchase the deploys, you pay a net cost of 116.25 CP, if you didn't complete the event, 153.75 CP.
- Valkyrie's SO Net Average cost was 52.2, Mockingbird was zero. She-Hulk can be acquired for free at PVP Unlock. Making this SO's net cost a mere 13.2 CP for the long term players, and still nearly half price for 3 SO characters for newbs.
- SO15: 448 for 5 Heroes: 89.6 CP for Nico Minoru, Emma Frost, Bishop, Spider-man and Black Cat.. If you didn't complete the event 129.6 CP. She needed 40 Gold to skip both epic bosses, so you need an extra equivalently 80 CP, you have to pay 105.6.
- Emma's average net cost was determined at 40.25, so for those that acquired her in her Spec Ops, this SO was reduced to 57.65. Which renders Bishop below half price as well.
- SO16: 358 for 4 Heroes: 89.5 CP for Havok, Colossus, Iceman and Spiral. If you do not complete the deploys instead skipping with gold, you have that gold cost added to the total, 102 CP each. If you didn't complete the event, you'll eventually have to pay 139.5 CP.
- Havok's net cost was 78.75 at max. If you completed his Spec Op, your deal is 59.12 CP.
- SO17: 360 for 4 heroes: 90 CP for Fandral, Punisher, Red Hulk and Falcon. If you skip with the 25 gold for end up with a total cost of 410 CP. If you don't complete the event, you end up paying 560 because you thought "Falcon wasn't worth it.".
- Punisher and Red Hulk had both been required previously, Red Hulk having a reduced cost of 90 from SO13, Punisher having a reduced cost of 68.25 from SO9. That would bring the SO's cost to 62.0625 for longterm players who played properly. That doesn't even consider that Punisher and Red Hulk were PVP rewards acquirable for free.
- SO18: 240 for 4 Heroes. 60 CP for Gamora, Agent Venom, Ms Marvel and Anti-Venom. If you skip with gold, the total cost becomes equivalent to 290 CP, 72.5 each. If you skip the event entirely, you end up paying a net cost of 110 for each.
- SO19: 383 for 4 heroes. 95.75 CP for Hogun, Daimon Hellstrom, Nightcrawler and Cannonball. If you skip with gold, since it's 35 Gold now, the cost becomes equivalent to 433 CP, 113.25 each. If you miss out on the event entirely, you're looking at 583 CP, 145.75 each. So by doing the SO, you'll have 50 CP each.
- SO20: 383 for 4 heroes. 95.75 CP for Rocket Raccoon, Ares, Phoenix and Star-Lord.If you skip with gold the cost becomes equivalent to 433 CP, 113.25 each. If you miss out on the event entirely, you're looking at 583 CP, 145.75 each. There's an additional bonus here already present given the Guardian Covert Tasks. It's certainly worth having Rocket rather then skip for 35 More gold to get the benefits of being able to unlock the alt later and to have the completion for the Guardian Sigil.
- SO21: 315 for 4 heroes. 78.75 for Drax, Groot, Tigra and Ka-Zar. Skipping with gold, the cost becomes equivalent to 365, 91.25 for each. If you skip the event, to get them all it is 515, averaging 128.75 each. Drax and Groot were previously required for the Guardian Covert Tasks, and had been used in a past SO before with the same average cost.
- SO22: 385 for 5 Heroes. 77 for Medusa, Gorgon, Nico Minoru, Blade and Morbius. Technically Morbius is a Covert, but he is treated by devs as the SO's Second reward hero and his task chain requires completion of the epic the same as Blade, so by getting the deploys, you get him too (for five cp). If you skip the Epic Bosses, that's 50 Gold, bringing the equivalent total to 485, 97 each for the five heroes. Assuming Morbius to have the 200 price that SO rewards and 2/3 Covert Task Rewards have had, the price for skipping over the event entirely is 78. averaging 156 CP for the heroes. He may be cheaper, but it's hardly worth the potential cost.
- Nico Minoru's net cost was 89.6, rather then 200 if you completed her SO properly. That brings the net cost of this SO to a mere 54.9 each.
- SO23: 380 for 4 Heroes. 95 each for Molly Hayes, Iceman, Crystal and Hercules. If you use gold to skip the final task, it becomes 112.5 each. If you skip the event, 120 each.
- Iceman's net cost was 89.5, bring the cost down to 67.5 CP if you complete his SO.
- Hercules has been used previously, the lowest being 69.3 if used you've completed SOs since SO4, (only ~4 more if not), which brings this SO's Cost to only 62.3 CP.
- SO24: 433 for 4 Heroes. 108.5 for Thing, Heimdall, Falcon and Beta Ray Bill. If you use gold to skip the final task, it becomes 125.75 each. If you skip the event, 158.25 each.
- Heimdall's Spec Op Hero Net Cost was 103.75 at one of the most expensive net costs. That drops this SO to 84.19 Each if you got the deploys for his.
- Falcon's Spec Op Hero Net Cost was 90 CP. Which brought this SO net cost to 80.75 CP each. If you completed both Falcon and Heimdall's Spec Op Deploys, this SO costed a mere 56.69 CP per hero.
- SO25: A special case. This SO required 716 CP. While technically worthwhile, for most players in the limited time frame, it is more worthwhile to have skipped the necessary tasks with gold.
- SO26: Having two Epic Bosses, this was similar to SO25 to a lesser degree. 515 for 4 heroes and for two alts. 95 for Wasp, Hank Pym, Nova, Squirrel Girl, the Hulkbuster Iron Man armor and permanent unlocking of the Age of Ultron Hulk suit (which still needed to be purchased. )
- Wasp was only required for the Hulk unlocking side task chain. Ignoring that would take 90 CP off the total.
- Pym's SO net cost was 78 CP. This brings the total instead to 70.6 CP. Or 52.6 CP per character/free alt pair detracting Wasp as well.
- SO27: 368 for 4 Heroes, 92 CP for Angela, Ka-Zar, Mr Fantastic and Ultimate Spider-Man. Epic boss was 30 Gold, so skipping the task makes it 107 CP per hero. Skipping the SO, 142 CP.
- Ka-Zar's SO net cost came to 91.2 CP, which brings the Miles event to 64 CP for people who actually complete Spec Ops.
- SO28: 240 for four heroes, 60 average for Cyclops, Victor Mancha, Moon Knight, Ant-Man. Epic Boss was 30 Gold, so 75 Gold per character if you skip the final task. Skip the SO, 110 total. Very cheap Spec Ops.
- SO29: 425 for 4 heroes, 106 for Anti-Venom, Agent Venom, Beast and Silk. 30 gold, so 121 cp if you skip the task. 156 if you skip the event.
- Anti-Venom's SO average cost was 60 CP, which also required Agent Venom (damn their symbiote obsession...) brings it to 52 CP total.
- SO30: 335 for 3 Heroes because Black Widow doesn't count. 111.6 for Angela, Magik and Spitfire. 131.6 with the epic task skip. 178.3 if you don't get Spitfire here.
- Magik was a very early SO, came out as 63.8, bringing this SO's net average cost to 66 cp per character.
- SO31: 290 for 3 Heroes. 96.6 for Chase Stein, Elsa Bloodstone, Jessica Joens. With a 30 Gold Skip, 116.6 CP per character. Skipping the event, 163 CP/character.
And that brings us the current spec op, the one with the most interest to the majority of people being directed to this.
So, stop asking, the answer is clear, just farm and get the deploys. That's all there is, there isn't anymore.