As the most popular mission to "farm CP", I felt that the drop rate of Command Points in Chapter 12 Mission 2 was decreasing steadily. There were several instances of me doing mission 12.2 without any CP as a result, or at most 1 CP. So I was under the impresion that Playdom "nerfed" it again.
But instead of raging about it, the best thing to do is testing if what I thought was true, or not.
So after the previous special ops ended, I took it to myself to test if this really was the case. And since 1 test is insufficient proof, I took 100 tests. 100x Chapter 12.2, with each test thus weighing 1%.
In the user guide of CP farming, PKB states that the current drop rate of CPs in 12.2 should be:
- Baron Zemo Fight: 25% Low / 10% Medium / 3% High
Read more >
Season 2 is live for a few days, so let's rejoice!
With that came a few new challenges in the game; one of which is called Heroic Battles.
In chapter 1 of Season 2, we're presented with 6 of these:
- Gambit & Rogue Vs 2 Prime Sentinels
- Wolverine Vs 3x Sabretooth
- Nightcrawler Vs a shapeshifting Mystique
- Spider-Woman Vs MODOK & two AIM Bioethicsts
- Hercules Vs Thor
- Cable & Deadpool Vs the U-Foes... and Deadpool.
Each of these fights is unique in its own way and each of these fights has a tricky way of winning:
- In the Sentinel Fight it's Rogue absorbing the Generalist clast, while Gambit eats away defense of the preferred target and letting the two work together to take down one Sentinel at a time.
- In the Wolverine Vs Sabretooth it's to trick to a: cut Sa…
Read more >
After opening somewhere between a hundred and hundredfifty Demonic Lockboxes I finally obtained Satana.
But at that point, I did not complete all Locbox missions yet. Two days later I did. Together with some group boss results, I ended up with 63 spare lockboxes, without any real purpose.... or was there?
As a stats person myself, I wanted to do an opening of all lockboxes one-per-one, to see how high the chance was to actually pull a comic book cover from single lockboxes. The results were the following.
Out of 63 lockboxes, I got:
- 34 Crappy supplies (varying from Shawarma, to Coagulators, etc). Safe a handful of items, most of them I'm never going to use.
- 10 reactive ISO-8 of various types (one chaotic) and 2 crystals
- 8(!) comic book covers
- 5 W…