This game isn't complete yet, it's constantly evolving and releasing new features.
I decided to list in this post the innovations made on the game. For that, I divided AvengersAlliance in four areas:
Team Management & cia
Everything that don't involve battles. There wasn't much innovation here, as far as I remember, let's list them.
- New gear is released regularly, as well as new heroes, alternative uniforms, resources and researches.
- The interface has changed at the end of January 2013, with the introduction of Collections feature (which is related to SpecOps).
- Introduction of the Covert Tasks in July 8, 2013; providing Limited Edition Gear and, lately, unlockable heroes to recruit.
- In August 1, 2013 (history season 2 launch), Flight Deck was updated, introducing the “Collect and Resend” feature; there were updates also on Task System, Research, Music/Sound and Team Page.
- Introduction of Multi-Function actions, with the gear from Covert Task: Another Dimension, in October 1, 2013.
- Max heroes' level was changed to 13, with the introduction of the Empowered Isotope-8 in October 15, 2013.
- In March 11, 2014, max heroes' level was increased to 14, with the introduction of the Augmented Isotope-8.
- Fandral was released in March 14, 2014. He was the first dual class hero available (Hogun was released first, but as a PVP reward, he wasn't available until the end of the tournament, in March 24).
- In May 19, the Multi-Hero Training feature was launched along with Spec Ops 18.
Not much innovation here either until the debut of Season 2.
- New chapters/mission are eventually released.
- Season 2 was released in August 1, 2013, bringing a new mastery system, new mastery rewards, new mission menu, Incursions and Heroic Battles.
- Introduction of Mid Combat Dialogues in March 11, 2014.
The most innovative area of M:AA.
|1||May 15, 2012||* A new recruit method was introduced (Chapter mastering), all previous heroes must be recruited through CP.|
* Mockingbird the first hero introduced outside the original 28 ones and the first generalist, classy and Limited Edition hero.
* First time that players fought against a hero (outside PVP).
|2||July 25, 2012||* A new recruit method was introduced (tasks completion), replacing the SpecOps 1 method.|
* The gear set concept was introduced.
* The deploy requirements for tasks completion drastically changed the players' behavior in CP spending.
|3||September 21, 2012||* Introduction of Daily Rewards.|
* The first time were players could choose a side (eventually, they fought on both sides).
* First time that a mission has heroes restriction.
* Only time that players faced heroes as the main villains.
* Introduction of novel scenarios and backgrounds.
|4||October 26, 2012||* First time when new visual effects were added to the mission map.|
* Mephisto was the first enemy that (somewhat) couldn't be defeated.
* Introduction of side-quests.
|5||November 30, 2012||* Valkyrie?/Loki is the first boss that can change its form, modifying its abilities as well.|
* Loki is the first boss that appears as a regular enemy on the same mission.
|6||January 29, 2013||* Introduction of Lockboxes and Collections, allowing the recruitment of a villain (starting with Magneto).|
|7||March 08, 2013|
|8||April 5, 2013||* Introduction of Group Bosses, that enhanced multiplayer and introduced the need of active allies.|
|9||May 1, 2013||* Introduction of alternative uniforms with different abilities, introducing Team-Ups with alternative uniforms, as well.|
|10||June 7, 2013||* The heroes recruited on the last PVP tournament were used on a SpecOps for the first time, introducing an advantage for Adamantium leaguers (and Comic Covers collectors) on Task completion, as an integration of PVP Tournaments and SpecOps.|
|11||July 13, 2013|
|12||August 23, 2013||* Introduction of Score Challenges, requiring big scores for specific battles and favoring good battle strategists.|
|13||September 20, 2013||* Integration with the current Covert Task and PVP Season.|
* Thane was revealed on this SpecOps before his debut on the comics, providing M:AA players informations unavailable even for comic readers.
* Thane was the first lockbox hero who wasn't already in the game as a villain.
|14||October 29, 2013||*A new feature for the lockbox system was introduced, the progress bar.|
* Loki was the first lockbox hero that gained different abilities and sprites from his villain version.
|15||December 16, 2013||* Nico Minoru is an innovative character, due her Staff of One.|
|16||February 7, 2014||* Introduction of the Strike Teams.|
* Introduction of a fourth mission, featuring only the final boss, like Titanomachia.
|17||April 2, 2014||* Introduction of Split Paths.|
* Introduction of Cumulative Daily Bonus.
|18||May 19, 2014|
|19||July 10, 2014|
|20||July 30, 2014|
|21||September 26, 2014||* All weapons of the gear-set were available in the Research, giving an alternative method to get them.|
|22||October 28, 2014||* Introduction of a second reward hero recruited by a Covert Task|
* Introduction of a "protection" task, were two characters had to protect another one during the battle.
* Introduction of two simultaneous team-ups in a battle.
* First time that a boss was changed during the progress.
|23||December 16, 2014|
|24||February 18, 2015|
|25||March 23, 2015||* Introduction of Heroic Battles inside the SpecOps.|
* For the first time, the PVP reward hero was fully playable before the tournament has even began.
* First time that the options of heroes to use was restricted to a small group of heroes.
* Introduction of "0 battles" deploys.
|26||April 23, 2015||* Introduction of random encounters with the boss.|
* For the first time, the prize was not a new playable character, but an alt instead.
* First time that an Epic Battle played like an Heroic Battle.
* Introduction of the first "alt" for a villain (boss), aside from the playable version of Loki.
|27||June 10, 2015|
|28||July 10, 2015|
Playdom made a huge evolution in this area with the beginning of the tournaments. Since then, few innovative heroes were released through this system and the meta changed a lot with new buffs, nerfes, revamps and gear (for example, tanking heroes like Captain America and Colossus aren't much popular among PVP teams anymore).
The tournament itself, however, hasn't change much...
The only big innovation came only on the 8th tournament, with the introduction of the Collections (a feature that debuted on SpecOps) "inside" the tournament.
|(Before Tournaments)||* The interface and rules changed few times.|
* Hero bonus was introduced, increasing the importance of heroes leveling.
|1||October 9th, 2012||* Tournaments feature was introduced with a new recruitment method.|
* New uniforms were released for the first time after game launch.
* Power Armors are the first uniforms that grants passives to the agent.
* Deadpool is an innovative character due his comical and "random" behavior.
* The competition drastically changed the players' behavior in time/resources spending.
|2||November 13, 2012||* Cable is an innovative character due his multiple sets of moves.|
|3||December 13, 2012|
|4||January 11, 2013||* Punisher is an innovative character due his complete control of class changing.|
|5||February 15, 2013||* Introduction of Daily PVP Rewards.|
|6||March 21, 2013|
|7||April 17, 2013|
|8||May 21, 2013||* Introduction of the Collections within the tournament.|
|9||June 18, 2013||* A crafting quest, involving key items, replaced the Collections.|
* Angel is the first to introduce have a purchasable alternative uniform right after the tournament, increasing the reward for Adamantium Leaguers.
|10||August 15, 2013||* Now the players could set different teams for Offensive PVP battles, Defensive PVP battles and Missions.|
|11||October 1, 2013||* Introduction of the Empowered Armors, enabling the Agent to use E-ISOs.|
* Enlargement of the crafting quest, with more tasks and PVE integration.
|12||November 12, 2013||* The Armory was expanded and updated, featuring Splitted PVP Armories (Attacking / Defending) and allowing players to sort, filter and unsocket items.|
|13||December 20, 2013||* Agent Venom is an innovative character due his symbiotic transformation.|
* This tournament's end was postponed and players were rewarded with the higher rank they got on the first or second "last day", granting two chances for competitors.
|14||February 19, 2014||* The crafting quest was integrated with the current SpecOps (besides regular missions) this time.|
* If you consider that Hogun was released before Fandral, you can say that he was the first dual class hero.
|15||April 11, 2014||* Introduction of the "Forfeit" button.|
|16||June 19, 2014|
|17||November 21, 2014||* Introduction of Pre-Seasons, started in August 12.|
* Introduction of Level Cap feature.
|18||December 18, 2014|
|19||February 25, 2015|
|20||March 26, 2015|
|21||May 22, 2015|
|22||July 01, 2015||* The Vibranium League reward was changed to an EISO.|
|23||July 29, 2015|
If you remembered an innovation that isn't listed here, please share on the comments.