"Special Operations require the resource Unstable ISO-8 to access its mission events, including battles and deploys. You can earn Unstable ISO-8 through battle or deploys, gifts from friends, or buy it from the store to help you complete the challenge. However, once the mission is expired that flavor of Unstable ISO-8 goes away with it, so try to use it all up!"
— Special Operations Briefing
Unstable Isotope-8 (Unstable Iso-8 or U Iso-8) are used specifically in Special Operations in addition to the normal requirements to initiate each battle or deploy. They are also used for researching various items that are only available from unlocking the Blueprints from completing Spec Op Tasks. Only Special Operations 1 required 5 Unstable Isotope-8 per battle or deploy and had no research. From Special Operations 2 forward, each deploy and normal battle requires 10 U Iso-8 and each boss battle - Mini, Regular, and Epic - requires 20 U Iso-8 to initiate. Blueprints specific to each Special Operation require 80, 100, or 120 Unstable Iso-8.
Starting with Special Operations 2, with the exception of Special Operations 3, with 550 U Iso-8, each player started with 440 Unstable Isotope-8.
Green Unstable Isotope-8
- In Special Operations 1:
- Players were given a random starting amount of between 65 and 500 ISO-8. (Unconfirmed)
- Each battle, including Epic, Mini-Bosses, and Mission Bosses, and Deploy mission cost 5 ISO-8 along with the regular requirements.
Blue Unstable Isotope-8
Red Unstable Isotope-8
Purple Unstable Isotope-8
Prismatic Unstable Isotope-8
This variant of U Iso-8 was available in Special Operations 8 and Special Operations 15. Daily Gifts from MAA's Facebook page of this colored Isotope-8 could be added into future Spec Ops before they were taken down by Playdom.
Black Unstable Isotope-8
This variant of U Iso-8 was introduced in Special Operation 20. Daily Gifts from MAA's Facebook page of this colored Isotope-8 could be added into future Spec Ops before they were taken down by Playdom.
Obtaining Unstable ISO-8
Unstable ISO-8 can be obtained from:
- Gifts or requests from Allies
- Any type of Combat within the time frame of the Spec Ops event (Including Seasons 1 and 2 and PvP).
- Deploy Rewards, Boss, and Epic Boss Roulettes. Prizes come in 1, 20, or 40 Unstable Isotope-8.
- The Daily Reward. Prizes come in 20, 100, or 1000 Unstable Isotope-8.
- Links by Playdom.
- Visiting Allies.
Gold can also be exchanged for Unstable Iso-8. This can be found by pressing the "+" button next to the players' current amount of Unstable Iso-8.
|1 for 10||10 for 100||25 for 250|
- Previous post Special Operations had Unstable Iso-8 continue to drop in Allies and Combat. They serve no use and does not carry over onto the next Special Operation.
- There was an Art Bug wherein Special Operations 15 used Blue Unstable Iso-8. This was corrected on later updates.