- Squirrel Girl and Moon Knight are heroes announced and confirmed for Season 2. [Source]
- MAA Producer Justin Woods announced during SDCC 2013 that Squirrel Girl will be recruitable by Command Points.
- Squirrel Girl was released on August 29, 2013.
- Squirrel Girl is one of the only heroes that can be unlocked for purchase by completing covert tasks, the others being Moon Knight, Sunfire, Volstagg and Shanna.
- Tippy-Toe, her constant squirrel companion, can be seen in Squirrel Girl's dialogue artwork and icon of her second ability, Furry Fury.
- Squirrel Girl is the second of the two heroes whose alternate uniform have two E-Iso slots.
- Squirrel Girl has two themed gear, and .
- Squirrel Girl has a themed supply, .
- The news image of her release mentions her by two of her aliases, "The Anti-Life" and "The Slayer of All That Breathes".
- Wrath of the Raging Squirrel is a reference to Akuma from Street Fighter. It shares a similar name with his move "Wrath of the Raging Demon" and a similar animation. The move originally concluded the same way as well, but this was quickly removed for reasons yet to be revealed.
- The black screen during the Wrath of the Raging Squirrel is a reference to when she defeated villians such as Thanos, only the result is shown, not her actions
- Her team-up bonus "Dr. Doolittle" is likely a reference to the name of the movie.