- Moon Knight was confirmed at New York Comic-Con on October 13, 2012.
- On the fourth Developer Questions and Answers in the official Playdom Forums, one of the questions were in regards to Moon Knight's release. Playdom hinted to his release to be on "a (seasonal) Blue Moon". Whether this was intended to be serious or a joke statement is unknown.
- Moon Knight, along with Squirrel Girl were the heroes announced for Season 2. [Source]
- MAA Producer Justin Woods announced during SDCC 2013 that Moon Knight will be recruitable by Command Points.
- MAA Producer Justin Woods announced that Moon Knight will be released in October 2013.
- Moon Knight was revealed on October 22, 2013 as the latest Generalist Hero.
- Moon Knight has four themed gear: , , and .
- Moon Knight has three themed supplies, , and .
- Moon Knight was the second Covert Task hero to be released, and the first CT hero to be a generalist. He is also technically the only generalist CT hero to be released.
- Moon Knight's default counter-attack and follow-up attack depend on his persona:
- The News and Tips announcement of Moon Knight, "Fighting evil by...Moon Knight", references the opening theme song to the English version of the anime Sailor Moon.