The mobile version of Marvel: Avengers Alliance is a game developed by Playdom, a subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company. It is a turn-based social network game originally released on Facebook on March 1, 2012, and on Playdom's Official website on July 10, 2012. The mobile version was released on June 13, 2013 to iOS devices and on November 22, 2013 released via Google Play.
The current version is 6.0 for iOS version.
|Compatible with:||iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation), iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + 4G,|
iPad (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation),
iPad mini, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular.
|Requires:||iOS 5.0 or later.|
|Compatible with:||All Android phones with the Required Android version.|
|Requires:||Android 4.0 or later.|
- Marvel: Avengers Alliance Mobile does not sync up with the Facebook and Playdom.com versions of the game as they are all separate games.
- iOS players can sync up their single Mobile version account across different devices by having a Facebook account. Players can connect their Facebook account to their Mobile version account and connect using the same Facebook account on another device and so on to access the same account on different devices. This feature is coming soon to Android.
- A warning to all Android players, because there is no syncing in the Android version at this moment, all progress will be lost if the game is ever uninstalled from your device. For rooted users, no known backup has worked to restore progress.
- Players can share their devices with friends and have their own separate accounts by connecting their Facebook account, logging out and letting their friend log in their Facebook account to access a different Mobile version account.
- PVP is not connected between the four versions of the game.
- See also game development for android - website.
Comparison between Versions
|Delete / remove their Allies from their game||Yes||Yes||No||Yes|
|Marvel XP||Yes (until April 20, 2014)||No||No||No|
|Availability of PVP and Number of PVP Tournaments||Yes, 13||Yes, 13||Yes, 3||Yes, 10|
|Number of Story Chapters Available||12||12||7||11|
|Availability and Number of Special Operations||Yes, 26||Yes, 16 (No SO1)||Yes, (?) (No SO1)||Yes, 15 (No SO1)|
|PVP Bonus||+OFF +DEF||+OFF +DEF||(?)||+ATK +DEF|
|Teams and Team Tournaments||No||Yes||No||No|
|Version-exclusive Limited Edition Gear||Yes||No||Yes||Yes|
|Lockbox and Collections||Yes||Yes||No||Yes|
|Old Sound Effects||No (August 1, 2013 Patch Notes)||No (August 1, 2013 Patch Notes)||(?)||Yes|
|Spec Ops Jet Color||Red (formerly Yellow)||Red (formerly Yellow)||(?)||Black/Yellow|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1
- Research in mobile version are only available for Special Operations Gear. Other items are unlocked instead by the Agent's Level.
|Number of Heroes||119||119||39||92|
|Avengers Alternate Uniforms||Limited|
|Iron Man 3 Movie Alternate Uniforms||Limited|
|Phoenix Five Alternate Uniforms||Limited|
|In-game Character Sprites|
|click to enlarge Image.|
- The mobile version starts with the original 28 Heroes consisting of Iron Man, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Cyclops, Invisible Woman, Iron Fist, Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk, Black Cat, Colossus, Dr. Strange, Human Torch, Luke Cage, Mr. Fantastic, Nightcrawler, Sif, Thing, Kitty Pryde, Spider-Woman, Phoenix, Storm, Daredevil, War Machine, Thor, Hulk, Wolverine, Spider-Man, and Captain America.
- Human Torch, Mr. Fantastic, and Nightcrawler were removed at version 2.0 for unknown reasons. Before version 2.0, Human Torch does not have his flaming effects on his sprite.
- Human Torch, Mr. Fantastic and Nightcrawler were re-released at a later update. Human Torch however, does not have the same flaming effects as of the original version's.
- The iOS version of the game is missing many alternate uniforms. Team uniforms it does not include are the Uncanny X-Force uniforms, The Worthy, the Guardians of the Galaxy, and the Horsemen of Apocalypse. Of the heroes in the game, alternate uniforms not included are also Claws Black Cat, Captain Steve Rogers, Uncanny Cyclops, Original Daredevil, Modern Dr. Strange, Grey Hulk, Heroic Age Iron Fist, New Mutants Magik, Captain Marvel, Modern Rogue, Transian Scarlet Witch, Modern Armor Sif, Amazing Spider-Man, and Original War Machine.
- The game does not include the heroes Doctor Doom, Kang/Hero, Cannonball, Crystal, Doctor Voodoo, Fixer, Hybrid/Hero, Karolina Dean, Nova, Sunfire, Beta Ray Bill, Gorgon, Iceman, Molly Hayes, Volstagg, Angela, Avalanche/Hero, Blade, Chase Stein, Hogun, Ka-Zar, Enchantress/Hero, Falcon, Medusa, Morbius, Star-Lord, Victor Mancha, Destroyer/Hero, and Moon Knight.
- During Version 1.0, Iron Man's Avengers Alternate Uniform sprite was different. This was corrected and changed at Version 2.0.
- Punisher, Psylocke, Cable, Deadpool, X-23, Fantomex, and Shatterstar, among others, have been released as PVP Tournament Reward Heroes.
- Magik, Ghost Rider, Valkyrie, Emma Frost, and Havok, among others, have been released as Special Operations Reward Heroes.
- Black Widow, Hawkeye, Invisible Woman, Human Torch, Iron Fist, She-Hulk and Cyclops have their pre-refactor movesets
- Grey Suit Black Widow and Heroic Age Hawkeye are at their original Command Point costs.
- Ms. Marvel's Photon Blast is not a Deadly Crit and does not apply Lock-On. Additionally, Kree Strike does not apply Combo Setup and Brawl does not apply Wide-Open.
- Original Ms. Marvel's Seventh Sense passive has been increased to 25% on iOS, as opposed to Facebook's 20%.
- Scarlet Witch's Chaos Shield has a 69% chance of activating as opposed to 70% chance on Facebook. Additionally, her Probability Field does not start cooled down on iOS.
- Sif's Inspire Courage is not a Quick Action.
- Thing's skill set is switched around. On iOS, his level 2 is Fault Line, his level 6 is Gizmo Sandwich, and his level 9 is Stonewall. On Facebook, his level 2 is Stonewall, his level 6 is Fault Line, and his level 9 is Gizmo Sandwich.
- War Machine's Fully Automatic passive on his skills is instead called Rapid Fire. Also, Overcharge does not grant maximum Charged Capacitors and so does not apply Overheated.
Menus and Screens
|Menu / Screen||Versions (Click to enlarge the Images)|
|Flight Deck / Overall Interface|
- Special Operations is unlocked by default after completed Welcome to S.H.I.E.L.D. and restarting the game.
- Converting from Gold to Command Points or S.H.I.E.L.D. Points are in the Store under CURRENCY tab.
- Mission 3 Premium has different image. Mission 11.3 still has old image.
- Silver can be bought in the Store under CURRENCY tab.
- While in dialogues, the background turns black instead of dim the entire game screen.
- Plays different music.
- Attack name displays at the bottom.
- Lack of end of round vertical bar.
- Health/Stamina bar is located on bottom front of the character, but lacks character name and class. Class is located at the top tray. On Facebook version, Health/Stamina bar is located at the top of the character.
The Mobile Version's continuity is slightly different in that the order of certain features and Availability for Heroes are different from the Original Version.
- The first Hero outside the original 28 Heroes is Gambit, followed by Rogue and Black Panther. In the original version it was Black Panther, followed by Scarlet Witch and Rogue. Hercules was released next, and most recently, Quicksilver, followed by Beast, and Punisher, and Scarlet Witch.
- The Adamantium League reward for PVP Tournament Seasons is Punisher, followed by Psylocke, and Cable, Deadpool, and X-23 for Season 5. In the original version it was Deadpool, followed by Cable.
- Special Operations began with Special Operations - Avengers Vs X-Men at Version 3.0, making Magik the first Special Operation Reward Hero. In the original version it began with Special Operations - Don't Say A Word... with Mockingbird as the reward Hero.
- On the iOS version, the Choose your Side Option in this Special Operation is also different, in that instead of Emma Frost showing on the X-Men side, the Image showed Brown and Tan Wolverine instead, due to Emma Frost being unreleased at the moment in the game.
- The Android version did include Emma Frost as a playable teammate for one mission with her current PD and FB form.
- Marvel: Avengers Alliance Mobile Official Facebook App Page
- Marvel: Avengers Alliance Mobile iTunes Direct App Link
- Marvel: Avengers Alliance Mobile Google Play Direct App Link
- Marvel: Avengers Alliance Wikipedia Article
- Marvel: Avengers Alliance Marvel Wikia Article
- Official Playdom Website
- Playdom Official Facebook Page
- Marvel: Avengers Alliance Mobile FAQs