The mobile version of Marvel: Avengers Alliance is a game developed by Playdom, a subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company. It is a turn-based social network game originally released on Facebook on March 1, 2012, and on Playdom's Official website on July 10, 2012. The mobile version was released on June 13, 2013 to iOS devices and on September 27, 2013 released via Google Play.
|Compatible with:||iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation), iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + 4G,|
iPad (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation),
iPad mini, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular.
|Requires:||iOS 5.0 or later.|
|Compatible with:||All Android phones with the Required Android version.|
|Requires:||Android 4.0 or later.|
- Marvel: Avengers Alliance Mobile does not sync up with the Facebook and Playdom.com versions of the game as they are all separate games.
- Players can sync up their single Mobile version account across different devices by having a Facebook account. Players can connect their Facebook account to their Mobile version account and connect using the same Facebook account on another device and so on to access the same account on different devices.
- Players can share their devices with friends and have their own separate accounts by connecting their Facebook account, logging out and letting their friend log in their Facebook account to access a different Mobile version account.
- PVP is not connected between the three versions of the game.
Comparison between Versions
The following comparisons are based on the current version (3.0) of the game.
|Delete / remove their Allies from their game||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Availability of PVP and Number of PVP Tournaments||Yes, 10||Yes, 10||Yes, 4|
|Number of Story Chapters Available||12||12||7|
|Availability and Number of Special Operations||Yes, 13|| Yes, 12|
Yes, 2 (SO3, SO4)
|Teams and Team Tournaments||No||Yes||No|
|Version-exclusive Limited Edition Gear||Yes||No||Yes|
|Lockbox and Collections||Yes||Yes||No|
- The mobile version still has the PVP Revenge feature, a feature that has long been defunct in the other versions of the game.
- Research in mobile version are only available for Special Operations Gear. Items are unlocked instead by the Agent's Level.
Main Article: Heroes/Mobile Version
|Number of Heroes||79||79||40|
|Avengers Alternate Uniforms||Limited|
|Iron Man 3 Movie Alternate Uniforms||Limited|
|Phoenix Five Alternate Uniforms||Limited|
|In-game Character Sprites|
|click to enlarge Image.|
- The mobile version starts with the original 28 Heroes consisting of Iron Man, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Cyclops, Invisible Woman, Iron Fist, Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk, Black Cat, Colossus, Dr. Strange, Human Torch, Luke Cage, Mr. Fantastic, Nightcrawler, Sif, Thing, Kitty Pryde, Spider-Woman, Phoenix, Storm, Daredevil, War Machine, Thor, Hulk, Wolverine, Spider-Man, and Captain America.
- Human Torch, Mr. Fantastic, and Nightcrawler were removed at version 2.0 for unknown reasons. Before version 2.0, Human Torch does not have his flaming effects on his sprite.
- Human Torch, Mr. Fantastic and Nightcrawler were re-released at a later update. Human Torch however, does not have the same flaming effects as of the original version's.
- Asides from those mentioned above, the game does not have the Alternate Uniforms of those outside the current Heroes as well as Modern Dr. Strange, Annihilus Human Torch, Swashbuckler Nightcrawler, Modern Armor Sif, and any of the Future Foundation Uniforms.
- Grey Suit Black Widow and Heroic Age Hawkeye are at their original Command Point costs.
- During Version 1.0, Iron Man's Avengers Alternate Uniform sprite was different. This was corrected and changed at Version 2.0.
- Gambit, Rogue , Black Panther, Hercules, Quicksilver, Beast and Punisher (135) have been released for normal purchase.
- Punisher,Psylocke,Cable and Deadpool have been released as PVP Tournament Reward Heroes.
- Magik and Ghost Rider have been released as Special Operations Reward Heroes.
Menus and Screens
|Menu / Screen||Versions (Click to enlarge the Images)|
|Flight Deck / Overall Interface|
The Mobile Version's continuity is slightly different in that the order of certain features and Availability for Heroes are different from the Original Version.
- The first Hero outside the original 28 Heroes is Gambit, followed by Rogue and Black Panther. In the original version it was Black Panther, followed by Rogue and Gambit. Hercules was released next, and most recently, Quicksilver, followed by Beast, and Punisher.
- The Adamantium League reward for PVP Tournament Seasons is Punisher, followed by Psylocke, and Cable,and currently Deadpool for Season 4. In the original version it was Deadpool, followed by Cable.
- Special Operations began with Special Operations - Avengers Vs X-Men at Version 3.0, making Magik the first Special Operation Reward Hero. In the original version it began with Special Operations - Don't Say A Word... with Mockingbird as the reward Hero.
- Marvel: Avengers Alliance Mobile Official Facebook App Page
- Marvel: Avengers Alliance Mobile iTunes Direct App Link
- Marvel: Avengers Alliance Mobile Google Play Direct App Link
- Marvel: Avengers Alliance Wikipedia Article
- Marvel: Avengers Alliance Marvel Wikia Article
- Official Playdom Website
- Playdom Official Facebook Page
- Marvel: Avengers Alliance Mobile FAQs