- Magneto was released with a prior hint on M:AA's Facebook page of a new playable 'CHARACTER' that was "Not a hero," in reference to a similarly-titled miniseries released in 2011 starring Magneto.
- Magneto was released on January 29, 2013 as a lockbox hero during Special Operation 6.
- Magneto was the first hero to be released that was originally a villain in the game.
- Magneto was the first hero that can be unlocked by the Collections system.
- Magneto has three themed items, , and its .
- Magneto is currently the only lockbox hero to be required for a deploy. This deploy occurs in Special Operation 13- Mission 3.
- Magneto is the first Lockbox hero to have an Empowered Isotope-8.
- Magneto can't be used in missions where he is the villain, but he can still be used for deploys. These include Mission 2.5 and 4.4.
- Although Magneto was thought to be unusable in Mission 11.5, he is in fact the team-up character for that mission's boss fight.