- Iceman was confirmed in the Official Marvel: Avengers Alliance Facebook Page to be the reward hero for Spec Op 16.
- Since his Horsemen of Apocalypse alt was released during Spec Op 16 his alternate uniform was available as soon as he was released.
- Iceman was the first Spec Ops hero to gain an alternate through a set of tasks, rather than buying it.
- Iceman has two themed weapons, the and .
- Iceman was the last of the five original X-Men to make an appearance in the game.
- Iceman's ability names are all phrases having to do with ice.
- Iceman's Death alt buff, , is a reference to a famous quote by Benjamin Franklin.
"...in this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes."
- Iceman's Death alt's abilities are plays on common English phrases having to do with hell.
- Snowball's Chance in Hell
- Cold Day in Hell
- When Hell Freezes Over
- Iceman's Death alt ability Ninth Circle refer's to the Ninth Circle of Hell from Dante's Inferno. The ninth (and innermost) circle is described as being covered in ice, where traitors are trapped in a frozen lake known as Cocytus.
- The comment 'Let It Go' on Iceman ability Cold Feet is most likely a reference to a popular song from Disney Studio's animated movie Frozen