Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"Engage in a classic Marvel encounter!"
— Heroic Battle
"Heroic Battles are unique fights showcasing specific heroes and villains.
Recruit all heroes involved to meet the challenge. Chance to get great rewards!"
— S.H.I.E.L.D. Intel
A Heroic Battle is a type of encounter involving a story-based battle with specific Heroes. The Agent does not fight with the heroes in this combat, marking the first time that the Agent is not used in combat. Heroic Battles was introduced alongside Incursion on Story: Season 2.
Heroic Battles can be found as an orange version of the Team page's Icon on the current Mission's Map. It costs 10 Energy to start a Heroic Battle. Players cannot initiate a Heroic Battle without having the required hero or heroes recruited. Heroic Battles are said to be challenging for low-level Heroes, as certain Hero Abilities help greatly in succeeding throughout the battle.
Heroic Battles have special dialogues with the involved characters before and after a combat. Combats in Heroic Battles have unique differing mechanics and some Heroic Battles grant new and old exclusive Passive Effects for the characters. As Heroic Battles do not have the Agent in any of the fights, Heroes in this battle do not have access to the Agent's Inventory and Distress Calls. Heroic Battles are not necessarily required to be finished in order to unlock the Epic Boss battle in the Mission, but can be used to finish Deploy Missions faster.
List of Rewards
If players are successful from a Heroic Battle, players have a chance to get a reward in the form of a roulette. The rewards range from random consumable Supplies, Isotope-8, Character Restricted Empowered iso and Command Points. There are also chances for specific Gears, from Random Deploy Gear to Limited Edition Spec Ops Gear.
- 1 / 3 / 5 / 10 Command Points
- Random Isotope-8 (Tier and kind of Iso-8 depends on the Agent's Level)
- Random Store and Premium Supplies (Tier and kind of Supply depends on the Agent's Level)
- Challenge Points
- Random Deploy Gear (Gear depends on the Agent's Level)
- Character Restricted Empowered Iso
List of Heroic Battles
- The Map Icon for Heroic Battles was first teased at the Official Playdom Forums on June 19, 2013.
- Heroic Battles were then previewed on a teaser trailer for Season 2 on the Marvel Video Games Panel at San Diego Comic Con 2013 on July 20, 2013.
- Heroic Battles were further explained at the Official Playdom Forums on July 27, 2013 as part of the Producer's Notes on Season 2.
- Heroic Battles were released on July 31, 2013.
- While a screenshot of Deadpool attacking Vector is present in the Producer's Notes for Season 2 about Heroic Battles, this is impossible to replicate in the game.
- A Bug after the release of Heroic Battles and Incursions occurred where each Heroic Battle and Incursion will give out Gold after a successful fight. This was fixed later on.