- Gift of Battle - Counts as a Protect action.
- Hercules was seen in one of the slides at Marvel's Panel in New York Comic-Con on October 13, 2012, but it was not mentioned if he would be a playable hero in the game.
- Hercules was released on October 17th, 2012.
- Hercules has a themed weapon, .
- Hercules is the half-brother of Ares.
- The News and Tips announcement of Hercules references the popular Internet Meme (that originated from an edited panel in Hercules's Comic Series), Cool Story, Bro.
- Hercules's Abilities and Effects are references to the Ancient Greece history.
- Pankration Pummel. Pankration was a combat sport introduced into the Greek Olympic Games as a blend of boxing and wrestling but with scarcely any rules, the only unacceptable thing being biting and gouging of the opponent's eyes. Hercules was said to have subdued the Nemean lion using pankration.
- . In Greek mythology, Cerberus, is a three-headed dog, or "hellhound", which guards the gates of the Underworld to prevent those who have crossed the river Styx from ever escaping. Capturing Cerberus, without using weapons, was the final labor assigned to Hercules.
- . The Cerynitis was an enormous deer, who was sacred to Artemis, goddess of the hunt, animals and unmarried women. It had golden antlers like a stag and hooves of bronze or brass, and it was said that it could outrun an arrow in flight. Its capture was Hercules' third labor.
- The column used in Column Down is an style column, one of the three orders classical architecture originated in Greece, the other two being Doric and Corinthian.
was a vicious monster in Greek mythology that could not be killed with mortal weapons because its golden fur was impervious to attack. Its claws were sharper than mortal swords and could cut through any armor. It was eventually killed by Hercules as the first of his twelve labors.
- The Labours of Hercules were a series of twelve tasks given to him by his cousin, King Eurystheus. These tasks were to be penance for slaying of his sons after being driven mad by Hera.
- The Ares, the god of war. They were killed by Hercules as the sixth of his twelve labors. were man-eating birds with beaks of bronze and sharp metallic feathers they could launch at their victims, and were pets of
- The Pasiphaë after cursing her, causing her to experience lust for and mate with it, giving birth to the Minotaur. Its capture was Hercules seventh labor. was the white bull sent by Poseidon to