This article is about the Limited Missions. For the Marvel XP Award (Special Ops), see Marvel XP: Awards.
Special Operations are limited time challenges where players can earn unique Boss items through battle and even a new hero by completing specified objectives. Once the time for the mission has expired, the hero is put back in the vault. Special Operations can be accessed from the Flight Deck or the Mission screen.
While normal missions require 10 energy to access battles, Spec Ops also require Unstable Iso-8 to do the events. It costs Unstable Iso-8 for battles and for Deploy missions. It can be obtained through gifts from friends, dropped in battles or deploys, or purchased from the store However, once the mission is expired that flavor of Unstable Iso-8 goes away with it.
Players can do both Story Missions and Special Operations at the same time without aborting the other. All Special Operation Missions scales difficulty to the players' agent level, much like premium missions, as opposed to free missions, which a fixed agent level was given and was scaling difficulties to agent level after the mission was 5-starred.
Spec Ops 1 cost 5 Unstable Iso-8 for both Battles (including Bosses and Mini-Bosses) and Deploy Missions, while Spec Ops 2 has changed to 10 Unstable Iso-8 for Low / Medium / High Threat Battles and Deploy Missions, and 20 Unstable Iso-8 for Mini-Boss and Boss Battles.
In Special Operations 1, players were required to 5-star all scenes to recruit Mockingbird. Starting with Special Operations 2, players were instead required to complete 25 Tasks in order (as opposed to 5-starring all scenes).
As of now, there are 9 Special Operation Chapters, with Extremis available for play until June 1, 2013.
Availability: May 15, 2012 - June 20, 2012
Hero Unlock: Mockingbird
Availability: July 25, 2012 - August 27, 2012
Hero Unlock: Emma Frost
Availability: September 21, 2012 - October 23, 2012
Hero Unlock: Magik
Availability: October 26, 2012 - November 27, 2012
Hero Unlock: Ghost Rider
The Hoary Hosts
Signed in Blood
Availability: November 30, 2012 - January 07, 2013
Hero Unlock: Valkyrie
The Hunt Begins
A Beast at Bay
Availability: January 29, 2013 - February 25, 2013
Hero Unlock: Havok
Brotherhood In Arms
Availability: March 08, 2013 - March 31, 2013
Hero Unlock: Hank Pym
The Big Brains
A Wrinkle in Time
Availability: April 5, 2013 - April 28, 2013
Hero Unlock: Vision
Availability: May, 1 2013 - June 1, 2013
Hero Unlock: Rescue
- Introduced on May 15, 2012.
- The first five Special Operations Hero rewards were available for a limited time at a cost of 200 each (Mockingbird from Spec Ops 1 late November 2012, Emma Frost (along with her alts) from Spec Ops 2 late December 2012 and Magik from Spec Ops 3 in the middle of January 2013, Ghost Rider from Spec Ops 4 late March 2013, Valkyrie from Spec Ops 5 late April 2013.).
- The jet color has changed into red and white when Spec Ops 5 has started and the timer color changes to red when Spec Ops has few days remaining.
- The first seven Special Ops heroes all have blonde hair.
- Bosses unique to Spec Ops are Living Pharaoh and Living Monolith (Spec Ops 6) as well as Kang (Spec Ops 7),Ultron (Spec Ops 8), Titanium Man, Blizzard and Savin in (Spec Ops 9). These characters have not been seen anywhere else in the game before. Spec Ops 3 used slightly changed heroes as bosses, while the other three Spec Ops all recycled bosses from the chapters of the story.
- Spec Ops 2, Spec Ops 4 and Spec Ops 5 have seasonal backgrounds.
- From Spec Ops 2 onward, Gear Sets were released with each new event
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category "Special Operations"
The following 43 pages are in this category, out of 43 total.
Blog articles in category "Special Operations"
The following 148 blog articles are in this category, out of 148 total.