"After two years of studying the effects of Iso-8 in the lab, Hank Pym and Reed Richards have discovered how to engineer Iso-8 that can safely augment heroes’ natural abilities. This Augmented Iso-8, or A-Iso, can be attached to a hero’s move, giving it new properties. Each Augmented Iso-8 can only be equipped to a certain kind of move, however. One might only modify Unarmed attacks, while another might modify only Energy attacks. Certain Augmented Iso-8 can only be used by a specific hero to modify one of their signature moves."
Augmented Isotope-8 (or Augmented Iso-8) is used to enhance a hero's move set. Unlike the original Isotope-8, Augmented Iso-8 is similar to Empowered Isotope-8 and adds special effects when equipped but instead of gaining a new Passive, the Augmented Iso-8 affects the moves of the Hero.
Each of a hero’s four move slots has one slot for an Augmented Iso-8. At level 8, a hero can equip one Augmented Iso-8 onto one of their moves. This can go into any move they have unlocked, but they cannot have more than one move equipped at a time. However, players can safely unequip Augmented Iso-8 from a move at any time, allowing them to equip a different move. At level 14, they can equip to all four moves. This gives players a chance to experience Augmented Iso-8 early on, while still creating a powerful incentive to reach max level. See the next image for an example of a Level 9 hero’s Iso-8 tab. As you will notice, it says “0/1 EQUIPPED”. For a Level 14 hero this will say “0/4 EQUIPPED”.
Much like the Empowered Isotope, inserting an Augmented Isotope is reversible. When removed, the Isotope simply returns to your inventory to be used by later. Hint: You can move E-Iso from one hero to another when you click on equip and on the E-Iso screen click on the equipped tab, you can drag the one you want onto the current hero. Like E-Iso, A-Iso cannot be socketed into the Armory as they don't have PVP Bonus.
Each A-Iso can be sold for 1,000 Silver.
- Augmented Iso - Can be slotted to hero actions depending on type/s (paid for with Command Points)
- Premium Augmented Iso - Can be slotted to hero actions depending on specific type/s (paid for with Gold)
- Character Restricted Augmented Iso - Can only be slotted to certain heroes actions (dropped from Boss Battles and Epic Boss Battles)
Premium Augmented Iso
Character Restricted Augmented Iso
Upcoming Augmented Iso-8
Expected Future Retroactively added Character A-ISO
- As all Character-Restricted Augmented ISOs drop from boss battles where those charcters are the team-up, and the devs have stated that they plan to eventually add A-ISOs to earlier Season 2 missions, these are what we can expect in the future:
|35px||unknown Augmented Isotope-8||unknown Hero||S2 Mission 1.4 Epic|
|35px||unknown Augmented Isotope-8||unknown Hero||S2 Mission 1.6 Epic|
Expected A-ISO from future chapters.
|35px||unknown Augmented Isotope-8||S2 Mission 8.? Epic|
- Introduced on March 11, 2014.
- Generic Augmented Iso-8 will be available from deploys across Season 2 and in the store along with a selection of premium Augmented Iso-8. Hero-specific Augmented Iso-8 is dropped from boss battles where the hero is a cameo (Exception: Epic Boss battles provides hero-specific Augmented Iso-8 for heroes that aren't team-ups).
- Augmented Iso-8 appeared in deploys following a patch on April 2, 2014.
- Ability types without any premium Augmented Iso-8:
- Bio, Debuff, Shadow, Temporal, Vibranium, Water
- See a guide to using Augmented Iso-8 here.
|Overview • Unstable • Depleted • Gear Bonus • Research|