- Agent Venom was announced as the Adamantium League Reward Hero for PVP Tournament: Season 13 in a Thread "How We Select & Create Characters" in the Developer Q&A Subforum of the Official Playdom Forums.
- According to Justin Woods in Fan Appreciation Week Live Q&A, Agent Venom is the only playable Venom planned for the game.
- Though Anti-Venom was announced to be the reward for Special Operations 18.
- Agent Venom will have his monstrous form as stated by Justin Woods.
- Agent Venom has the same combat stance of Volstagg.
- Agent Venom's availability promo has his attacks' old portraits.
- Agent Venom has a themed supply, .
- Agent Venom's action Along Came A Venom is a reference to the comic series "Venom: Along Came a Spider," which was, in turn, a reference to the nursery rhyme "Little Miss Muffit."
- All the moves in the mode are reference of american football. Flash Thompson was an american football player before serving in the U.S. Army.
- Flash Thompson is the 3rd character in the game noted as a host of the Venom Symbiote, the first being Spider-Man, the second being the villain Venom Mac Gargan. The original Venom, Eddie Brock, was the 4th character in the game to be noted as a Venom host, and came in during Spec Ops 18 as Anti-Venom.
- Justin Woods has stated Agent Venom's "monster" form is loosely based on classic Venom.